Entry #1 Introduction

Hello, my name is Marlena.  Let me start off by letting you know a little bit about myself.  I am a house maker, mother, partner, and lover of all animals.  When I am not going on weekend trips with my family or hanging out with my nieces and nephews I like to spend time at the gym.  When I first started going to the gym it was very casual and I spent most of my time on cardio machines like the elliptical or stair climber.  I have now progressed to attending fitness classes several times a week, my two favorites being cycle class and body pump.

                                             Image source
The first class I ever tried is called BeatBoss Rhythm Cycle.  I was nervous in the beginning and would sit in the back of the class.  The thing that has kept me going is the fun mix of music and amazing instructor Randy.  His class is a mix of BMX, street bike, and mountain bike styles all while doing upper body work to the beat of every kind of music you can imagine.  I average about 8 miles each class with varying levels of resistance and upper body work, and you can find me sitting in the front of class right in front of Randy.  I have met some wonderful people from the class and even made a few friends.

                                            Image source

After cycle class is over, I go directly to body pump with the same instructor and a few others from cycle class.  This class involves light weight lifting choreographed to music that is developed by Les Mills.  I enjoy this because it helps me gain lean muscle in a fun and challenging way.  I go to these classes every Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Saturday at EOS gym.  If anyone is interested I’ve included the links throughout this blog, I would love to see you there!


Comments

  1. Kudos to you for doing another class after cycle! I pretty much die every time I get off my Peloton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I have never done one of those bicycling classes before I am interested in what they are like. Thank you for including links!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment