Blog Entry #8

 

My Two Favorite Parks around the Valley

Hello readers, for this blog I would like to share my two favorite parks around the Phoenix area.  If you have children or just like to go for a walk on a beautiful day, this blog is for you. 




 My first choice is Kiwanis Park in Tempe because it has a very large play area with many options of playground equipment for kids of any size or age.  Some of our favorite playground equipment includes a giant multi story tube slide, several different climbing structures, and the zip line.  This park also has a few different water features like the splash pad that operates during the summer and into fall as well as a recreation center that has a heated wave pool.   You can also hang out by the 125-acre lake and feed the ducks or rent a paddle boat to take out on the lake.  This location has a tennis center and batting cage as well.

 


My second choice is DesertBreeze Park in Chandler.  This location also has a large play area with lots of fun equipment to climb around on or even under.  It has a small splash pad for the kids to cool off in the hotter months and a lake with ducks.  But my favorite thing are the rides.  They have a train that will take you on a ride around the park and a carousel ride.  They also offer a snack bar and coin operated rides.  The park is beautifully maintained with lots of pathways to walk around and enjoy the scenery.  Both of these parks are a great place to take the kids any time of the year!  


Comments

  1. Hello Marlena, I really enjoyed reading your blog. Although I have lived in Arizona for quite some time, I have not ever heard of the Desert Breeze park in chandler. It looks very fun and think my children will love it there! I have heard of Kiwanis Park and though I have yet to see it in person, but definitely have it planned for the summer.

    V/R

    Sam Plourde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marlena, thank you so much for the suggestions I really like Kiwanis Park and plan to go on a picnic there, thank you so much for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment